Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pedia check- up, street food, dinner with friends then back to Nigel

We brought Nigel to the Pedia today for his monthly check-up. In the waiting area I saw this baby that kind of resembles Nigel- also big and plump. Actually he’s bigger than Nigel. I asked the daddy how many months old he was and apparently he’s even younger than Nigel- 5 months old!

I think we’re gonna stick to this pedia we just consulted. I like her. She seems experienced. I can tell by how she answered my questions and the long line of patients she has. Nigel is now allowed to drink fruit juices. I’ll be giving him an ounce of freshly squeezed orange juice diluted in water tomorrow.

In the afternoon, Butch and I satisfied our craving for street food in U.P. I thought this cheap date of ours would be canceled because it was raining. But we still went ahead. We just ate our fruit shake, chicken and squid balls inside the car.In the evening, we had dinner with our dear couple friends- Apol and Cyrus, Ethel and Rio. We ate at this restaurant also inside the U.P. campus called Chocolate Kiss. It was good to meet up with friends again. We haven’t done this in a really long time since I gave birth.

We went home at around 9 pm. Nigel, held by my mom greeted me at the gate. Nanny Weng said Nigel was restless and kept looking at the door when somebody came in. Though he was already tired, he refused to sleep because he was looking for mommy. After washing my hands I took Nigel into my arms and his worried look turned into a smile. I nursed Nigel after which I took a bath. I left Nigel playing with his daddy. When I came back to our room our li’l angel was already asleep.

No comments: