Sunday, December 14, 2008

I’m so hungry right now

I’m scheduled to have the glucose test about two hours from now. It requires a 12- hour fasting. My Ob thinks my tummy is too big. We’re doing the test to rule out gestational diabetes. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t have it. Have to admit it’s been hard to stay away from food these days. So many celebrations have come up- Iris’ birthday (the whole family ate at Superbowl). My baby shower with Yumi and Nina and of course my birthday celebrations last Friday and Saturday. There will be more eating opportunities to come because there’s still Christmas and New Year. Oh man!

I have a lot to do this week in preparation for Nigel’s coming. I have to pack my hospital bag and wash Nigel’s clothes among other things. Nigel is slowly invading our lives! Yesterday, Butch and I bought this wooden shelf to house Nigel’s baby stuff. We also have started rearranging the apartment to make way for the play pen/crib.

On top of all these, I still have to maintain my three blogs, writing posts and dropping for all. Lord, thanks for the energy and strength to accomplish all these!
I want to eat out after the test. I heard it involves a lot of needles because they need a sample of my blood. Ouch.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope your OGTT went well...

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I pray to the Lord that everything is normal in your body. This I pray in Jesus name. Amen. God bless you and Nigel as you approach your day of delivery. Just hold on to the Lord for strength. God bless you always.