Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, a migrain inducing movie

After such a long time, Butch and I were finally able to see a movie together. Since Nigel was born, we couldn’t go out as a couple. We would always take turns just to go malling or spend time with friends because Nigel needed our 100% attention. How were we able to go out together then? We hired a part-time nanny! I refused to get one before because Nigel was too young and the thought of leaving Nigley boy to a total stranger bothered me. He is 5 ½ months old, and mommy and daddy needs some alone time. Grandma Noni assured me that she was going to supervise anyway, so we finally got one.

I really wanted to see Transformers. But just to see how Butch would react, I said I wanted to watch Hannah Montana, the movie. I was very surprised for he easily agreed. I didn’t think he was keen on spending money to see a kiddie flick that I could just catch on HBO or something. But he did. When we reached the mall, I told him I was just kidding. I think he was relieved.
I thought I was going to have a good time. But in the car, I felt like I was losing an appendage or something! Was I missing Nigel already? In the movie house, I couldn’t focus on what Optimus Prime was saying. It was hard concentrating, all I could think about was going home to Nigel. Something inside me ached to be with my son- hold him in my arms and smother him with kisses.

Boy, Transformers was a very fast paced flick. It was action packed and looking at the transforming auto-bots gave me a migraine!

I learned two things that day
1. No matter how tired Nigel makes me, I cannot stand being away from him.
2. I do not like robot flicks

Perhaps Butch and I will just eat out in our next spend-quality-time-with-your-spouse day.

No comments: